Terms, Conditions, Privacy and Professional Disclamer
InHarmony Reflexology by Andrea Porritt DO NOT claim to diagnose or to cure any medical condition. The information provided on the website, express or implied, is for the purposes of information only and is NOT given as professional medical advice, a means of diagnosis or treatment, nor is it intended to be a substitute thereof.
If you have a health problem, medical emergency, or a general health question, InHarmony Reflexology by Andrea Porritt always recommends you should consult your doctor.
The services and/or products provided by InHarmony Reflexology by Andrea Porritt are not intended to treat, cure or diagnose any medical conditions.
It is against the advice of InHarmony Reflexology by Andrea Porritt to discontinue any medical treatment or advice currently being administered by qualified Medical Practitioners.
All testimonials are given freely by existing clients and the contents and meaning of the original testimonials have not been altered, expect on occasions when the testimonial formed part of a larger letter, in which case the text may have been shortened to accommodate the website.
I am a fully insured member of the Association of Reflexologists and Professional Reflexology
I reserve the right to refuse treatment if I believe that the treatment is not right for the client. Also as I work predominantly with women, I may refuse to give treatments in a situation where I am uncomfortable, e.g. to men I do not know, or have not been referred by a current client.
Terms & Conditions
My commitment to my clients
All clients must complete a consultation form prior to treatment
Treatments will only be conducted if InHarmony Reflexology by Andrea Porritt (IHR) deems the treatment safe for the client to receive
GP/Consultant permission may be required before treatments can be provided
IHR has the right to terminate a treatment immediately if the client demonstrates inappropriate or sexual behaviour
Payment will be collected for the full treatment price, provided more than 10 minutes has been spent on the treatment
If the therapist is unable to collect money before leaving, an invoice will be sent to the client’s address
All invoices must be paid within 7 days of issue date
A booking is confirmed once IHM and the client have both agreed a date, time, duration and location for a treatment
If a cancellation is made more than 24 hours before a treatment, the client will not be charged
If a cancellation is made within 24 hours of the treatment, they will be expected to pay a cancellation fee of £10 for each hour cancelled
This cancellation fee may be waived at IHR’s discretion.
The cancellation fee must be paid within 7 days of the cancellation
IHR has the right to cancel a treatment by giving 24 hours notice
IHR has the right to cancel a treatment without notice if the room or environment is unsuitable for the treatment to be provided, or if the therapist is taken ill
IHR has the right to cancel a treatment without notice if the client is intoxicated or inebriated
IHR commits to rearranging treatments to a new time and date within two weeks of the cancelled treatment where possible
Vouchers can be used as payment towards any available, advertised treatments
If the whole amount of the voucher is not used, the remaining amount can be carried over to pay in full or in part for another treatment
Vouchers are only valid up to and including the expiry date
Postage will only be charged for vouchers that are paid for online and then posted
If postage is paid, but vouchers are delivered during a treatment, the postage fee charged will be returned to the customer in cash
Refunds are not available for vouchers already paid for and provided
Refunds are not available on vouchers given as prizes in raffles or competitions
Website content will be authorised and managed at IHR’s discretion, including testimonials
Photographs will only be displayed with the consent of the people in the photograph
Photograph consent may be obtained by IHR verbally, or in writing if the client completes a photo release form
Photo release forms can be requested by phone or email
IHR accepts payment in cash or by debit / credit card, via bank transfer or via PayPal
Invoices will be sent to clients who do not pay for, or who cancel, treatments
Invoices must be paid within 7 days of the issue date
Clients under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
The adult must give permission for the treatment to be performed
The adult must co-sign the client’s consultation form
The adult must be present in the room throughout the treatment
If a client wishes to make a complaint about IHR, this must be emailed to email@example.com
Complaints must include the date and location of the incident, the full name of the complainant, details of the complaint and a desired outcome following the complaint
All complaints will be taken very seriously and a response will be provided within 28 days
Collection of information
3. Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
4. Personal information is collected from people in the following situations by Andrea Porritt
a) If you contact Andrea Porritt , we may keep a record of that correspondence.
b) When you submit your e-mail address to our web site contact form.
5. At or before the time the personal information is collected by us we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
6. We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected (e.g. provision of our services, including administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you and technical maintenance). We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where it would reasonably be expected by you that we would use the information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information.
7. In addition, we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
a. Where you have consented to the use or disclosure
b. Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health or safety
c. Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities
d. Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process)
e. Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
8. Our web site may contain links to other web sites and those third-party web sites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site. Andrea Porritt encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security and storage
9. Andrea Porritt places significant importance on the security of all information associated with our customers and contractors. We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
10.Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
11. Andrea Porritt retains the information you provide to us including possibly your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
12. Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
13. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user's personal information, Andrea Porritt cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Andrea Porritt receives your transmission, every effort is made to ensure its security on its systems.
14.Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Access to and correction of personal information
15. Andrea Porritt is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers and web-site users.
16. So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), then we will give you access to that information.
17. Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
18. If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
20. We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure, then you may request that an independent person (usually the Information Commissioner's Office) investigate your complaint.
21. collects information from the site using "IP files".
22. When you visit InHarmony Reflexology by Andrea Porritt's site to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Web Sites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Web Sites.
25. Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we recommend that you visit the Information Commissioner's Office at https://ico.org.uk/